Add Your Business/Event
Singapore’s MRT (Mass Rapid Transport) rail network is usually the fastest and most most convenient way to get around Singapore. This modern rail network has 152km of track and 108 stations and operates between 05:30 and 01:30 seven days a week. Trains operate every 1 – 2 minutes at peak times.
You can purchase a one-time travel ticket, tourist concession pass or a stored value card (locally known as ez-link cards) from the TransitLink Ticket Office located at stations. Download the route map here.
If you are heading to the main gay scene in Singapore, alight at Tanjong Pagar Station.
Taxis are readily available and all use a taximeter. If you encounter a taxi driver asking for a fixed fee, get out of the taxi and flag for another one. You can book a taxi by phone. Click here for a list of taxi phone contacts (booking charges apply).
Singapore has a comprehensive bus network and majority of the drivers speak English. Thanks to the hot and humid weather, all buses are air-conditioned so that you get to enjoy a comfortable journey.
You can use cash or ez-link card to pay your fare. Fares range from SGD $0.80 to SGD $3.50. Drop the exact amount into the fare box (no change will be given) or tap your ez-link card when you board. Remember to tap your card again when you disembark, else you will be charged the maximum fare for the bus journey. Click here for bus routes in Singapore.
– The cheapest option from the Airport to the city is to take the Bus Service 36 from the basement bus bays in Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
– The MRT runs from Terminal 3 to the city.
– Taxis are readily available from the taxi stands at the Arrival level of each Terminal.
There are three ways to get to Sentosa from mainland Singapore (not including a taxi).
– Take the cable car ( from either Mount Faber or Harbourfront) and enjoy an aerial view of the island.
– Walk to the island via the Sentosa Broadwalk from VivoCity Shopping Mall’s waterfront.
– Take the Sentosa Express located at Level 3 of VivoCity Shopping Mall.